Monday, November 22, 2010

Contentment

An afternoon at Tzu Ji gave me this inspiration for this topic. I sat down, in a quite, relaxing room, having a tea, which had a really interesting name: contentment tea, along with other teas with great names. Lol.

People, often bow under a certain failure, greed. Greed, when in control, would help people to move up in life. In contrary, excessive greed will bring nothing but malevolence. In a Chinese saying, *direct translation":"when a man's heart is not satisfied, a snake can swallow an elephant". This saying is quite popular among the Chinese in Malaysia, reminding people always, to be content. Yet, people always overlook what is in front of them and tend to look into the things out of their reach and hoping greedily for it to come nearer. So, even with the saying always in mind, people tend to forget what it really means.

In life, people seldom appreciate for what they already have in hand. Most of the time, people tend to crave for something which they cannot get and/or far from reach. Most of the time, people tend to forget the one who gave his true heart, to love truly. Most of the time, people tend to go for others he cannot get, even if the one he is chasing after isn't that good after all.

Contentment is good. But, overdoing it can be a bad thing. "Over-content" will lead to unmotivated minds. One should be content of what he has, yet, he should work hard for achieve better in life. Yet, work hard doesn't mean one should always work and neglect other aspects of life. In my opinion, one would only really prosper in life by finding the balance in everything.=]

I, am a student in life. I learn, mostly from mistakes. In this case, I am still trying to come out of the quicksand I got myself in and hope I can learn something from it. I'm sorry I can't say much about this topic. As, I myself am still suffering from the effects of it too. I just hope that, one day, I can look back and say:"I was so stupid back then". By then, I would know, I've really learned. Saying all these, I still appreciate for what I have. I mean, what I have now might not be what I have in mind, but its still good. At least better than what I expect to be worst.

I always believe that, thinking positively will help solve my problem. Thinking positively helps me a lot in being balanced in the contentment and greed scale. I think positively when in trouble, I strike for more when in a good condition. Opinions guys? Am i doing right?=]

"Contentment, humble guide of life"

No comments:

Post a Comment